In the Financial tab of your project, you can generate a quotation or contract. The data on these documents will be based on all data of your project.
Make sure to plan your equipment and add crew- and transport functions to your project before creating a document. When this is done, the pricing for equipment and your crew and transport can be displayed on your document.
Create a quotation or contract
- Go to the Financial tab of your project.
- Click Print slip, and choose Create quotation or Create contract.
- Click the Open widget button to open the Widget sidebar.
- In the sidebar, configure your document settings.
Read the section Document settings for all available options.
- When you've configured all settings, click Generate.
If you make further changes to your document settings, you need to regenerate your document before they are applied.
- Your document is saved to the Financial tab of your project. In the sidebar on the right, you will see the most recent versions of your documents.
Choose a document template for this document. The project type of your project determines which template is selected by default. You can, however, always choose a different template than the default one.
Choose the letterhead for this document. The project type of your project determines which letterhead is selected by default. You can, however, always choose a different letterhead than the default one.
You can add a personal message for the recipient on each document that you send.
- Click Edit personal text.
- Type your text, or save time by using a personal text template.
- Save your text.
- Regenerate the document to view the text you've typed.
The current number of this document. You can use this for internal reference for yourself, and for the recipient. Read this section if you want to generate a new version of your document.
In the Configuration module, you can configure your number series to decide what number each document should start with.
The current version of this document. Read this section if you want to generate a new version of your document.
The creation date of this document.
If you use subprojects, you can select which subprojects should be shown on this document. By default, all subprojects are shown on all documents that you generate.
- Select the subprojects you want to show on your document.
If a subproject doesn't appear in this list, please make sure that the subproject is not hidden on financial documents.
- Regenerate the document to view it with the subprojects you've selected.
This will be used for the subject of your e-mail, when you send the document to a client.
Open kits and cases
Choose whether the content of your kits and cases should be shown, or hidden.
The name of the .PDF file of this document. By default, the filename is automatically generated based on the type and number of the document.
If you select this option, the letterhead you've selected will be applied to this document.
Choose whether to display VAT, or not.
Regenerate your document
You need to regenerate your quotation or contract if you make further changes to your document settings.
The orange circle indicates that there are unsaved changes in your document. They are only applied when you regenerate it.
- Click the Regenerate button to apply all changes.
- The orange circle will disappear, indicating that all changes have been applied.
Create a new version
If you want to create an updated version of a document for a client, you can generate a new version. (Old versions are still saved to the General tab of your project).
- Click Generate new, and choose New version.
The newest version of your document will be saved to the Financial tab of your project. You will see it in the sidebar on the right.
Create a new number
If you want to create an additional quotation or contract for your client, you can create a new number. This is useful to provide a client with multiple optios (documents) to choose from.
- Click Generate new, and choose New number.
Each quotation and contract that you generate has an expiration period. After this period, the quotation or contract is not valid anymore. By default, Rentman uses an expiration period of 14 days. However, you can change this default setting to any length you wish.
You can always manually change the expiration period of a document. This will override the default setting. Read the section Document settings for more information.
- Go to the Configuration module > Financial > Financial.
- Find the option Default expiration period quotation/contract, and fill in your desired number of days.
The due date of a document is shown on the document itself. You can also add the length of the experation period as a new column to the overview in the Projects module.
In the Projects module, you can filter your projects by Projects with expired quotations. If you also apply the filter Projects in option, you can easily keep track of which projects you need to follow up on. Read our article about Filters for more information.
Digitally sign a quotation
You can let your client digitally sign your document. When a client signs your document, the accountmanager of the project receives a confirmation e-mail, and the project status of your project is automatically changed to Confirmed.
By default, the expiration period of your document also applies to digital signing. This means that your customer cannot sign a quotation or contract if has expired. You can, however, choose to let your client sign expired slips. Read the section below for instructions.
- Go to the Configuration module > Customer communication > Communication.
- In the section Digitally sign, check the box Let customer sign digitally.
- When generating your document, make sure to use a document template that contains the Digital signing module.
Signed documents are saved to the General tab of your project.
- In the General tab, click the Open widget button to open the Widget sidebar.
Let client sign expired slips
- Go to the Configuration module > Customer communication > Communication.
- In the section Digitally sign, select the box Customer may also sign expired slips.
Download your document
You can download your quotation or contract as a .PDF or Word (.docx) file.
Don't forget to (re)generate your document to apply any unsaved changes, before downloading your file.
- When creating a document, click one of the following buttons:
Email your documents
You can email your quotation or contract directly to your client. These emails are sent from the Rentman email server, email@example.com as the sender address.
- When creating your document, click the Email button .
Don't forget to (re)generate your document to apply any unsaved changes, before sending your document.
- Fill in the subject and addressees.
- Type your email message in the Message field.
- Click Send email.
Use templates for emails and personal texts
You can save time by creating templates for emails and personal texts. When sending a document to a client, you can quickly select one of your templates and make minor adjustments to the message if needed.
Connect terms and conditions
There are a two ways to add your terms and conditions to your quotation or contract.
- First, you can send the .PDF of your general terms and conditions along with your quotations and contracts, when you send them to your clients. Go to the Configuration module > Financial > Financial to configure this.
- Second, you can add additional conditions to a project. You do this in the Financial tab of your project, in the Additional conditions field.