When you generate a quotation or a contract, Rentman automatically copies the price information from the project's planning. To display this information in your documents, you first have to plan equipment and add crew and transport functions.
There is no difference in how quotations and contracts work in Rentman. You can choose between using one, the other, or both - according to your company preferences.
Create a quotation or contract
- Go to the 'Financial' tab of your project.
- Click Print slip, and choose Create quotation or Create contract.
- Click the Open widget button to open the Widget sidebar.
- In the sidebar, configure your document settings.
- When you've configured all settings, click Generate.
If you make further changes to your project or document settings, you need to regenerate your document before they are applied.
Your document is saved to the 'Financial' tab of your project. In the sidebar on the right, you will see all the versions of your documents.
You can add a personal message for the recipient on each document that you send.
- Click Edit personal text.
- Type your text, or save time by using a personal text template.
- Save your text.
- Regenerate the document to view the text you've typed.
Select the number series of this document.
The number of the document. You can use this for internal reference and for the recipient.
In the Configuration module, you can configure your number series to decide what number each document should start with.
Click 'New number' on the top of the document screen to create an additional quotation or contract for your client. This is useful to provide a client with multiple options to choose from, and all the quotations will be shown in the 'Financial' tab.
The creation date of this document.
By default, all subprojects are shown on all documents that you generate. However, you can always choose which subprojects to show on your documents.
This will be used for the subject of your e-mail when you send the document to a client.
The name of the .PDF file of this document. By default, the filename is automatically generated based on the type and number of the document.
Choose whether to display VAT, or not.
Regenerate, New number, New version
When you edit something in your project, to display the changes in the document you must regenerate it, generate a new number, or generate a new version.
Here's how to choose from the different options:
- Choose Regenerate to update the quotation without changing the version or number. Use this until your quotation is good to go.
- Choose New number if you want to offer a new quotation and keep the old one for reference or comparison.
- Choose New version if you are sending an updated version of your quotation, and don't want to keep the old one.
If you don't choose one of these three options, the changes you made will not be displayed in the document.
Each document that you generate has an expiration period. After this period, the quotation or contract is not valid anymore. By default, Rentman uses an expiration period of 14 days. However, you can change this default setting to any length you wish.
You can always manually change the expiration period of a document. This will override the default setting.
- Go to the Configuration module > Financial > Financial.
- Find the option Default expiration period quotation/contract, and fill in your desired number of days.
The due date of a document is shown on the document itself.
In the Configuration module, you can also let your clients sign documents after the expiration date.
In the Projects module, you can filter your projects by Projects with expired quotations.
Download your document
You can download your quotation or contract as a .PDF or Word (.docx) file. Simply click on 'Download as a PDF file' or 'Download as a Word file' when creating a document.
Don't forget to (re)generate your document to apply any unsaved changes, before downloading your file.
Email your quotations or contract
You can email your quotation or contract directly from Rentman. You can also let your clients sign a quotation or contract digitally.
Connect terms and conditions
You can configure your terms and conditions and choose how to send them in the 'Configuration' module.