After creating a subhire, you can send a subhire request digitally from one Rentman Account to another. This function saves you and your supplier a lot of time, because you don't have to call or send a subhire slip.
With subhires you can solve equipment shortages or rent specific equipment for a project from your suppliers. Subhire requests can be created in the subhire module or directly in the project. These Subhire can be requested in two different ways:
- Request subhire manually: Contact your supplier by e-mail, phone... (supplier doesn’t need Rentman account)
- Request subhire digitally: Send subhire request to another rentman account (supplier needs Rentman account)
In this article, we explain how to send and receive subhire request digitally in Rentman. To process subhire requests manually, contact your supplier outside of Rentman.
Why use digital subhire requests?
Digital subhire requests save a lot of time compared to manually contacting your supplier. You can send all the information by Rentman and your supplier can create a project in a couple of steps. This saves time for both and enhances productivity.
Note: Digital subhire requests only work if both the requester and supplier are working on Rentman 4G. Users working on Rentman 3 can't use the digital subhire request functionality.
Send a request digitally
- Create a subhire order with equipment, times and the supplier.
- Go to the ‘Send digital’ tab.
- Enter the Rentman account name of your supplier and click on enter.
Example: Your supplier is called "p-events" with a Rentman account "pevents.rentmanapp.com". In this case, you can either fill in "prevents" or "pevents.rentmanapp.com".
- Click on ‘send’ to send the subhire request.
‘Done’ screen is shown when the subhire request is successfully sent.
Receive a subhire request
When a subhire is requested, you will be notified in three different ways:
- E-mail notification, is send to all account managers of the Rentman account of the supplier
- On the dashboard, a new "project request" will be shown.
- In the project overview, new project requests will be shown as a number at the e-mail icon.
Click on one of these notifications to directly go to the list of all project requests. Each project request in this list is waiting for your rejection or approval. In case of approval, the request is turned into a normal project with the following the steps.
Turn a request into a project
Open the project request by clicking on one of the notifications explained above. Received projects can be either declined or further processed and turned into a project. To turn a request into a project there are three basic steps.
Step 1 - Check details
Get an overview of the received project and the suggested price. Click on to turn the request into a project.
Note: When you reject a project request the requester (account manager of the subhire) will receive an e-mail that the project request is rejected.
Step 2 - Connect location and client:
This is necessary since the database of the requester and the supplier are separated and contacts can be named differently.
- Choose the suggested contact or search or add another contact to your database.
- Click on when the customer is correctly connected.
Step 3 - Link equipment:
After connecting the suggested contact to the one in your database the same needs to happen to the equipment. Rentman suggests equipment from your database to match it with the requested. Furthermore, you need to decide if you agree on the suggested price or let Rentman calculate a price based on your database.
Choose between these two options:
- 'Calculate equipment prices based on your own prices' to propose your own price.
- 'Adopt equipment prices from the applicant' to accept the requested price.
Match all requested equipment with your database. If the suggestion doesn't match with your database, the item can be changed/edited to the item of your choice:
Change the amount: This is helpful when working with kits or cases which contain the requested item multiple times.
Save match: To keep the specific item linked to one of the requesters. The next time the requester will request this item, Rentman will suggest the same item.
Click on to generate a project in your Rentman account.
After turning the request into a project, the flow is not different from the normal project flow. The supplier creates a quotation and sends this quotation by email to the requester.
Reject a project request
Project requests can be rejected at any point before creating the project. Click on to dismiss the project request. When you reject a project request, the requester (account manager of the requested subhire) will receive an e-mail that the project request has been rejected.