The letterhead can be seen as the background image of your documents. You can use it to personalize your documents with your company logo, company information and visual designs.
You design and save your letterhead as a .PDF file, and then upload it to Rentman. For each document that you generate, you can choose which letterhead to use.-
Design your letterhead
Letterheads are personal, and can be designed any way you like. In your letterhead, you can include:
- Company logo
- Company information
- Visual designs (images) for your corporate identity
We recommend designing your letterhead using software like Microsoft Word, Google Sheets or Canva. Microsoft Word has a standard paper size of A4 in most versions and you can enter your logo, company information, and corporate identity designs directly in the right spot on the page.
When you're done, save your design as a .PDF file.
Add a letterhead
- Before you start, make sure to design your letterhead and save it as a .PDF file.
- Go to the Configuration module > Customer Communication > Letterhead.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name, and upload your PDF file.
- Choose a default page size (A4, Letter), or enter a custom width and height for your page.
We recommend using the same width and height as your PDF file.
- Choose the margins for your document.
With margins, you decide how much space the template keeps open for your letterhead. When your letterhead has a header that uses the top 4cm of the page, make sure to enter a top margin of 4cm.
- Choose the document types that this letterhead should be available for.
- Save your letterhead.
Letterhead with multiple pages
Your letterhead can also consist of multiple pages. If this is the case the first page of your letterhead will be used for the first page of your Rentman documents. The second page of your letterhead will be used for the second page of your document, and so on.
If your Rentman document has more pages than your letterhead, the last page of your letterhead will be used for the rest of the document.
Choose a letterhead
For each document that you generate, you can choose which letterhead to use.
- Generate a new document.
In the Financial tab and General tab of your projects, you can do this by clicking on Print slip.
- Click on the Open widget button .
- In the sidebar on the right, select the letterhead from the drop-down menu.
Choose the default letterhead
You can choose the default letterhead for documents for each project type in Rentman.
- Go to the Configuration module > Settings > Project types.
- Add a new Project type, or edit an existing one.
- Choose the default letterhead for this project type in the Letterhead field.
When you choose the project type for a new project, the default letterhead will automatically applied to documents that belong to that project.