Filters are useful to search or narrow down the selection within a module. For example, use them to find a specific contact/invoice, or narrow down the selection of projects/equipment items. By creating presets, you can instantly switch between different filter selections at any time.
In this article, we summarize various filter options.
Show or hide filters
In any module, click the Filter sidebar button to open or close the filter sidebar.
To add a filter:
- Open the Filter sidebar.
- Click the + next to Filters.
- Choose a filter from the list.
- Click Add.
Any custom filter that you add is immediately active. To disable it, you need to delete it from the Filter sidebar.
Here are some examples of useful filters you can use in different modules:
- All confirmed projects.
- All projects of accountmanager X.
- All contacts with open tasks.
- All projects with unplanned crew functions.
- All equipment in repair.
Use the date selection to choose the timeframe of the elements you want to see displayed.
- Period - example: Next 14 days, Past 3 months
- From/until - example: 04-06-2018 until 03-01-2019
In the Project overview, you will also find a icon to select projects without dates.
Tags are labels that you can use to group your projects, equipment items, contacts, crew members, vehicles, invoices and tasks. First, you add a tag to your item(s) in a module. Afterwards, you can filter the shown items in a module by selecting your tag in the Filter sidebar.
A preset is a collection of selected filters and tags. They allow you to instantly switch between active filters, to find what you're looking for in any situation. Rentman's dashboard also features presets, which will redirect you to the relevant module when clicked on.
Create a new preset
- Apply all filters you want to add to the preset.
- In the Filter sidebar, scroll down and click on Save selection as preset .
You can now select your preset in the Filter sidebar.