In this article, we explain how to add crew and transport functions to your projects. You can also watch our tutorial video below:
Open a project and click on the Crew and transport tab to plan crew functions and rides. These will be used on the quotation and later on to plan crew and vehicles on rides and crew functions.
To add a function to a project, this must be in your default functions list (in the sidebar on the left). When you create or edit a default function, you'll be able to reuse it in every project.
Functions can be planned in function groups; these let you organize your projects faster and make your callsheets and quotations more clear.
Add new default functions
- In the sidebar on the left, click +Add .
- Choose between Crew and Transport.
- Fill in the details of this default function.
- Click Save.
- Crew/Transport - Choose if it's a function for crew or transport.
- External name - The name shown in quotations, contracts, and invoices.
- Internal name - The name shown in callsheets and in the Crew planner.
- Travel time before/after - The travel time needed to get to the location. This is visible for the planner and can be used to select if crew members join drive in a vehicle to the location or not.
- Duration - Standard duration of a function. This will be overwritten if the function is added to a function group.
- Break - Break length.
- Rental costs - These are the costs you will charge your client. You can charge an hourly price/km-price, a fixed price, or combine the two.
- Subhire costs - These are the costs for you. Also here you can charge an hourly price/km-price, a fixed price, or combine the two.
- VAT class - Select what VAT class should be used for the function.
- Remark - Select a customer, planner or crew member and fill a remark which will be used in the communications for these persons.
- Include in price - De-select this option to exclude the function from the price calculation.
Add a function outside of a group
Using groups is not mandatory to plan your functions. On top of your Crew and transport tab, you will find an empty row. Here you can add crew and transport functions outside of a group.
- Select the empty row by clicking on its checkmark
- Double-click on the default function you want to add from the column on the left.
You can now double-click on the function you have just added so you can set a time for it.
Add a function group
Crew functions and rides can be planned in function groups. Doing this, your planning will be much faster because you can manage multiple functions at once. Also, your callsheets and documents will look cleaner.
To add a new function group:
- type in the group name in the "Add a new group" bar.
- Click on No times specified to add the times.
- Click on + to add the group.
Add a function to a function group
To add a default function to a function group:
- Select the group by clicking on its checkmark
- Doubleclick on the default function you want to add from the column on the left.
To add a new function without saving it as a default function:
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the +Add button.
- Select Function.
- Fill in the options and click on Save .
Are the default functions the same for each project?
Yes, the default functions you set in the sidebar on the left are the same for every project. You can also modify the user role rights of other powerusers to prevent them from editing, creating or deleting default functions. In this way, you'll make sure that the default functions you create will stay the same.
What should I do if, for the same role (e.g. light technician), I use sometimes hourly rates and sometimes daily rates?
Create two separate functions, one with an hourly rate and one with a daily rate. You can give these two functions the same external name but different internal names - so you won't get confused, and your clients won't see the difference.