In the Configuration module, you can change your settings for using Rentman. This module is important when first setting up your Rentman account. In this article, we explain all available settings options in the module and provide links to our other in-depth articles.
- Contact person
The internal contact person will be notified about updates and possible technical difficulties.
- Payment information
Fill in your company information here. Rentman will use these details to invoice your Rentman license.
Upload a login screen image (optional).
- An overview of the invoices you've received from Rentman, and their status.
- Add and edit user roles for every Rentman user.
- By setting a user role, you define the rights (abilities and access) that a specific user has whilst working in Rentman.
- Activate or deactivate extensions, such as Quickbooks.
Time and location
- Time zone
Set your current time zone.
- Location information for the purpose of distance calculation
Fill in the starting address from where the travel (transport) distance to event locations should be calculated.
- In Rentman, number series are used to keep track of different elements.
- Create a new, or edit your existing project types.
- Create a new, or edit your existing project templates.
- Create a new, or edit your existing equipment inspections.
- Setting up time registration
- Determine how far back in time a crew member may still edit their worked hours.
- Set the standard length of your crew breaks.
- Choose whether your crew must enter a password before being able to register their worked hours.
Extra input fields
- Adding extra input fields to Rentman allows you to add your own information to the main modules in Rentman.
- Emptying your database will delete all data. This process may take up to five minutes. All users will be logged out of their accounts whilst the database is being emptied.
- You can choose to hide the Empty Database button, to prevent your database from being deleted by accident.
- Specify your company name and email address.
- Specify who you want to display as the sender.
- Choose to always send a BCC copy of your messages to someone else.
- Choose to always send a BCC copy of your invoices to another email (for example, your accountant).
- Specify the email address to send the BCC copy of your messages to.
- Digitally sign
- Upload your company logo (appears for the customer when they're digitally signing).
- Choose whether to let the customer sign digitally.
- Choose whether to allow customers to add comments to their digital signature.
- Choose whether customers may also sign expired slips
- Create or edit document template with the template editor.
Note: Rentman's default system templates cannot be edited. You can, however, duplicate a default template and edit this duplicate as you wish. To duplicate a system template, open it in the template editor and choose "duplicate" at the top of the screen.
- Create a new, or edit your existing letterheads.
- Create a new, or edit your existing salutations.
- You can select a salutation when adding a new contact person, which determines how that person will be addressed on your slips.
- Currency sign
- Default expiration period of a quotation/contract
- Default due term invoice reminder
- Default VAT scheme
- Default VAT class
- Default tax class crew functions
- Default tax class transport functions
- VAT class insurance
- Upload your default terms and terms.
- Choose whether to display the terms and terms on your letterhead by default.
- Choose whether to send your terms and terms along with quotations
- Choose whether to send your terms and terms along with contracts
- Choose whether to send your terms and terms along with invoices
Note: The minimum and maximum deposit amounts will always be charged, even if your configured deposit (percentage of equipment price) would have yielded a smaller or bigger value.
- Create a new, or edit your existing factor groups.
- Create a new, or edit your existing discount groups.
- Create a new, or edit your existing invoice moments.
- Create a new, or edit your default payment terms.
- Payment terms determine how much time your customers have to pay their invoice. If the payment deadline has passed, the invoice will turn red.
Note: In the Configuration module, you create default payment terms. However, you can also create custom payment terms for contacts, project types and projects. These custom payment terms will always overwrite your default terms. The order is as follows:
- Default payment terms
will be overwritten by
- Payment terms for contacts
will be overwritten by
- Payment terms for a project
When adding or editing a payment term, you need to fill in the following information:
- Text to be displayed on the invoice
- Accounting code
- Payment term (in days)
- Create a new, or edit your existing VAT schemes.
- Create a new, or edit your existing VAT classes.
- Create a new, or edit your existing payment methods
- Set a name and accounting code for each payment method
- Let customers pay online with Mollie (iDeal/Sofort Banking)
- Choose whether you want to accept online payments
- Enter the key of your Mollie account
- Choose the payment method
- Enter an email address to receive notifications of new payments
- Create a new, or edit your existing ledgers.
- Set a name and accounting code for each ledger
Ledgers are often used by companies that use accounting software. Ledgers help to keep an overview of the costs of an entire department, such as transport.
- Create new, or edit additional conditions.