In this article, we explain how to plan your equipment on a project. You can also watch our tutorial video below:
Plan your equipment
- Go to the Projects module, and double-click a project to open it.
- Go to the Equipment tab.
On the left, you will see all equipment in your database.
On the right, you will see equipment that is currently planned on your project and sorted into equipment groups.
- Use the search field (or navigate the equipment folders) to find the item you want to add.
- Double-click an item to add it to the overview. You can also select the item and enter an amount in the Quantity field to plan multiple items at once.
Reserve a serial number
You also have the option to select the specific item (serial number) of the equipment you want to book for a project.
- Select an item in your project.
- Click the More actions button and choose Reserve serial number. The pop-up screen shows an overview of your serial numbers and their availability status.
- Select your preferred serial number and choose Reserve to book it for the project.
The serial number you've selected will be visible on the packing slip and in the booking screen of your warehouse module.
Read our article about Equipment availability and shortages for more information.
Equipment items are always planned in equipment groups. When planning items an equipment group is automatically created. Click on the equipment group to change the name. Double click on the edit icon and choose edit to change the time, delete the group or change it to a different sub-project.
To add a new equipment group, enter a name in the 'add new group' box, select a time and click on the plus button on the right.
By default, your equipment groups are connected to the planning period and usage period of your project. You can configure these in the General tab of your project.
- During the planning period, your equipment is reserved for this project and is taken out of stock.
- The usage period is the amount of time that your customer is charged money for.
If you don't want to bind an equipment group to the planning or usage period, you can edit your equipment group and then edit the times.
Mark equipment as optional
When planning your equipment, you can mark equipment as optional for a project. This is useful for letting a customer choose between different items, kits or cases. Additionally, this allows you to offer extra items to a customer.
The price for optional equipment is not included in the total price of your quotation.
- Open your project, and go to the Equipment tab.
- Click on the Columns button and choose Add colums to right list.
- Select the Option column, and click Add.
- You will now see the column Option in your list of planned equipment:
- To mark an item as option, choose Yes in that column.
Display optional equipment separately on quotation
In your quotation template, you can choose how optional equipment should be displayed. By default, optional equipment will be listed between all other equipment. However, you can also list optional equipment in a separate section.
Expand or fold the contents of a kit or case. This applies to kits within kits as well.
The item that you've selected.
Click-and-hold to drag items.
An equipment module is shown with the icon, normal items are shown with the icon and sets are shown with the icon.
The default (database) name of this item. You can rename this item (per project), and this name will be shown on your documents.
Renaming an item in a project does not change the default (database) name of the item.
By default, your packing slips show the database name of your item. If you change the name of an item in a project, you can choose to display this name on your packing slips instead. Edit the template for your packing slips, and add the Project name column to the Equipment module in your template, instead of the Database name column.
Number of items planned, click to change.
Shows total number of items planned in a set.
Example: a DJ set contains one CDJ2000, you plan the DJ set twice. If you open the set it will show the CDJ2000 is planned once in a DJ set and the total quantity of that set is two.
Fill in a discount percentage that will be subtracted from the daily rental price.
This can be shown on the quotation. Edit the template to show or not show the remark or show it in a different way. The remark in the project is automatically filled with the remark for quotation filled in the equipment module.
The total costs.
Mark an item, kit or case as Optional.
Add or hide a column
Add a temporary item
If you don't have enough serial numbers of an item in stock, you can temporarily solve a shortage by subhiring the equipment from someone else.
- In the Equipment tab of your project, click .
- Choose Temporary.
Comment lines can add information to your packing slip or quotation. Comment lines are relevant in the order of the equipment planning - when you change this order the comment lines may not appear.
- In the Equipment tab of your project, click .
- Choose Comment.
Click on the to open the set. When sets are opened the number of items in the set can directly be changed. When a opened set is selected, new items can directly be added by adding them from your equipment list on the left.