If you want to plan your crew for projects you need to know their availability. When your crew enters their availability in the 'My Schedule' module it will automatically be visible in timeline in the crew planner.
Watch our video about the Crew Planner for a visual explanation.
When planning crew members it is important to have insights into who is available and who is not. As soon as you have selected a function different colors indicate, who is available for the function and who is not. For more comprehensive information about the availability and the planning of a crew member, you can use the crew member timeline.
Select a function to see which crew members are available. The availability is shown in the crew column on the left and is indicated with the help of different colors. Crew members can be displayed in the following colors:
No color: Availability unknown
Green: Available: Crew member can be planned on the function.
Red: Not available: Crew member cannot be planned on the function.
Yellow: Invited: Crew member was invited for function or availability was requested - Has not replied yet.
Dark green: Reserved: Crew member is informed he/she will work in the selected period, but he/she doesn't have information about the project (note: reserving crew members is only possible in the 'Crew planner' module).
Available or not?
Deciding whether a crew member is available or not depends on several factors. Below we have clarified the different situations.
- Crew member is already planned on a function with the same or overlapping time periods.
- Crew member has an appointment - Appointment details that he can't work on other functions.
- Crew member has indicated in the schedule that he/she is not available.
- Crew member has replied 'not available' to an invitation.
- Crew member has indicated he/she is available the schedule.
- Crew member has answered 'available' to an invitation.
- Crew member is reserved for a certain time period (only possible in more comprehensive crew planner).
What happens to the availability when a crew member is partially available/not available?
- When a crew member is partially not available during the time period of the function he will not be available.
- When a crew member is partially available during the function period and for the rest of the period his/her availability is unknown he/she will be available.
The availability timeline provides you with a more complete overview of the availability, planning, appointments and reservations of one or multiple crew members. You can open and close the timeline by clicking on the icon.
In the crew member column to the the left you can select one or more crew members to display their availability and planning in the timeline. You can also select a function or crew members planned on a function to show in the timeline.
- In red and green it is indicated in which time period the crew member is available or not.
- A crew member's scheduled function is shown in blue (visible) or light blue (invisible).
In the example above this crew member is available on the 3rd and the 4th. The availability is unknown for the 1st and 2nd, and the crew member is unavailable the 5th, 6th and 7th.
Invite crew members
You can invite crew members to fill in their availability or invite them directly for a specific function.