Knowing your crew availability is helpful (not mandatory) to plan crew members on functions. In this article, we explain how to add and view your crew availability.
Watch our video about the Crew Planner for a visual explanation.
Select a function to see which crew members are available. The availability is shown in the crew column on the left and is indicated with the help of different colors. Crew members can be displayed in the following colors:
No color: Availability unknown
Green: Available: Crew member can be planned on the function.
Red: Not available: Crew member cannot be planned on the function.
Yellow: Invited: Crew member was invited for function or availability was requested - Has not replied yet.
Dark green: Reserved: Crew member is informed he/she will work in the selected period, but he/she doesn't have information about the project (note: reserving crew members is only possible in the 'Crew planner' module).
Enter crew availability
There are three ways to register your crew (and freelancers') availability:
Let each crew member enter their own availability
Enter your crew availability yourself
If you know your crew availability, you can enter it yourself on the My schedule module or the Crew planner module. To do this on the Crew planner module:
- Select a crew member on the left column.
- Open the timeline
- Click-and-drag in the timeline to select a time period period.
- Choose one of the different Actions.
- Click on Select.
Request availability for the time of a function
If you want to know someone is available for a job - without giving out information about the job - you can request the availability for the time of a function.
The availability timeline provides you with a more complete overview of the availability, planning, appointments and reservations of one or multiple crew members. You can open and close the timeline by clicking on the icon.
In the crew member column to the left, you can select one or more crew members to display their availability and planning in the timeline. You can also select a function or crew members planned on a function to show in the timeline.
- In red and green it is indicated in which time period the crew member is available or not.
- A crew member's scheduled function is shown in blue (visible) or light blue (invisible).
In the example above this crew member is available on the 3rd and the 4th. The availability is unknown for the 1st and 2nd, and the crew member is unavailable the 5th, 6th and 7th.
Available or not?
A crew member is shown as (un)available based on several factors. Below we have clarified the different situations.
- Crew member is already planned on a function with the same or overlapping time periods.
- Crew member has an appointment - Appointment details that he can't work on other functions.
- Crew member has indicated in the schedule that he/she is not available.
- Crew member has replied 'not available' to an invitation.
- Crew member has indicated he/she is available the schedule.
- Crew member has answered 'available' to an invitation.
- Crew member is reserved for a certain time period (only possible in more comprehensive crew planner).
What happens to the availability when a crew member is partially available/not available?
- When a crew member is partially not available during the time period of the function he will not be available.
- When a crew member is partially available during the function period and for the rest of the period his/her availability is unknown he/she will be available.