You can connect Rentman to a webshop that runs on WordPress (with WooCommerce). You do this by installing our Wordpress webshop plugin on your webshop. With this plugin, your webshop is directly connected to your Rentman account.
See our http://www.rentman.shop/ for an example of a webshop that works with the Wordpress webshop plugin.
You can install the plugin yourself, or let our partner AppSys set up your webshop, who will do this in consultation with you. This is available for a fixed price. AppSys can, in consulation with you, also build custom functionalities into the plugin that aren't present by default.
If you have trouble with your webshop, read our article about solving problems with the webshop.-
About our webshop plugin
Webshops that don't run on WordPress (with WooCommerce) cannot be connected to Rentman.
Our plugin adds the following functionalities to your webshop:
- Choose a from and until time for the rental period.
Connection between your webshop and Rentman
- Access equipment from your Rentman account.
- Forward inquiries in the webshop as projects in your Rentman account.
- Check contacts in your Contacts database when forwarding inquiries.
For an extended list, read the section Extended functionalities.
Using our Wordpress webshop plugin is free, but for needing the underlying Rentman API we charge €29,- per month. This is charged by one extra power user, that you need to add to your Rentman license.
Warning: This extra power user cannot be used. If someone logs onto this extra account, the webshop will stop working and orders may be lost.
Our partner AppSys can help you with setting up your webshop. The costs for this are not included in this price (or Rentman license). For personal support of an AppSys webdeveloper, AppSys may charge additional costs.
Step 1: Add an extra power user
- Add one extra power user to your Rentman license.
- Go to the Crew members module and Add a new crew member.
- Choose Poweruser for the User role.
- Fill in a username and password.
You need these details when installing the plugin.
- Click Save.
This new crew member will be used for the webshop plugin. Do not let anyone log in to this account, otherwise the webshop plugin will stop working and orders may be lost.
Step 2: Install the plugin
You can install the plugin yourself, or let our partner AppSys help you by setting it up in consultation with you. This is available for a fixed price, and is useful when you don't have the right technical knowledge.
With the plugin, Rentman will be connected to an existing website. This can be your own (existing) website, or a website specifically set up for this purpose.
Install it yourself
Note: Technical skills are required.
- Download our Wordpress webshop plugin here.
- Full instructions are found in the User Manual, which can be found in the Docs folder in the .zip file.
Warning: Bugs can be solved by our partner AppSys, who manage the Wordpress webshop plugin. You can also fix bugs yourself and post the fix online, since the plugin is open source.
Let AppSys install the plugin for you
Our IT-partner AppSys manages the Wordpress webshop plugin, and has technical know-how about the plugin. For a fixed price, they will set up your webshop in consultation with you.
AppSys can also build custom functionalities for your webshop that aren't present in the standard plugin. These can be developed in consultation with you. For more information, contact AppSys and request a quotation.
Read more about AppSys and find their contact details in the section below.
Support from AppSys
AppSys (see website) is a specialist for websites and webshops, and is our partner for the Wordpress Webshop plugin. AppSys provides support, answers questions and investigates problems with the plugin, such as:
- Seting up your webshop (including installation of the plugin) for a fixed price.
Contact AppSys for more information.
- Building custom functionalities for your webshop.
Contact AppSys for more information and a personalized quotation.
- Squashing bugs and solving problems.
Contact the Support of AppSys for more information.
AppSys has already built some custom functionalities that are directly available and can be implemented quickly. These have been developed earlier for other customers of Rentman. Ask AppSys for the available options.
Phone: 0032 (0)11 96 05 55
Office in Belgium
Grote Baan 19 Bus 1
Office in The Netherlands
5652 AH Eindhoven
- Import equipment from your Rentman database to your webshop.
- Equipment will be imported from your database with the dayprice, factorgroups, name, image and more to your webshop
- Equipment will be imported in the same folder structure as in your Rentman database.
- For each equipment item, you can decide whether it should or shouldn't be imported in the webshop.
- For each equipment item, you can include information that should be imported with your item such as a short and long description for in your webshop.
- A customer can place an order with a from and until time.
- Optional: the webshop displays availability of equipment items based on its availability in Rentman.
- A customer's order can be forwarded as a project to Rentman, and handled further in Rentman. The project will contain from and until times, customer information and selected equipment.
- An e-mail will be sent to the default email address of your Rentman account when you receive a new order.
- A contact that is added in the webshop will be connected to the Contacts in your Rentman database, based on their email address.
Below, you'll find a description of the usual steps that your customers (and your own team) will undertake when your webshop is set up.
For your customers
- Customer selects the items that he/she is interested in.
- Customer select the rental period and adds the order to the shopping basket.
- Customer places the order, and based on their e-mail address Rentman checks whether this customer already exists in the Rentman database. If this isn't the case, the customer is asked for contact details.
- Customer receives confirmation in the webshop.
- Customer receives a quotation at a later date, based on their order from the webshop.
For Rentman users
- You receive an e-mail from the plugin and/or WooCommerce about a new order.
- The order will be forwarded to Rentman as a project with a Concept status and features a new or existing client, requested equipment and chosen rental period.
- The request will be further dealt with in Rentman as a normal project. You can contact the customer, create a quotation and send it to them.
No open Rentman API
At this moment, Rentman does not have an open API. An API, in theory, enables you to connect various software and webshops to Rentman. An open API is, however, not supported. The reasons for this are:
- Rentman is actively being developed, which means that parts of our software undergo regular updates and changes. Supporting an open API also means that we have to constantly update our API with all the changed in Rentman. These resources are not available to us at the moment.
- An open API requires technical support and proper documentation. At this moment, these resources are spent on improving Rentman's functionalities that are used by our customers on a daily basis.
Solve problems with the webshop
Read our dedicated article about solving problems with the webshop.
Webshops consist of many different parts, of which the Wordpress webshop plugin is one. When your webshop doesn't work, the cause is within one of these parts. This can be caused by the plugin, but also by another part of your webshop. It's also possible that the plugin is not compatible with another part of your webshop.
To find out what is going wrong, we've written an article. You'll find the link to this article above.
If, after having read this article, you still encounter problems, then contact our partner AppSys.