To make Rentman work properly, it's important that the connection between your web browser and Rentman is not blocked. These are the so-called Websocket connections (more information at the bottom of this article).
A blocked connection can be caused by:
- AdBlocker / Cookie blocker browser extensions
- Antivirus and Firewall software
- Proxy and VPN connections
"It seems that your connection to Rentman was lost. You could have missed new updates from your colleagues. We recommend refreshing your browser to receive the latest data."
Do you receive this error often? It could be that websocket connections are being blocked between Rentman and your web browser. To make Rentman work properly, it's important that these connections are not blocked. This error may be caused by AdBlocker / Cookie blockers, antivirus and Firewall software, or proxy and VPN connections.
- First, try using Rentman with Google Chrome, instead of another browser.
- If you are already working in Chrome, try the Guest mode in Google Chrome.
If the error does not appear anymore after these steps, the cause is probably a browser extension that is blocking websockets. Do the following:
- Disable your browser extensions one-by-one and try Rentman again. This way, you will find out which extension may be causing the issue.
- In some extensions, you can configure what domains to block or allow. Remove or add the following domain to that extension:
If you still get the error in the Guest mode of your browser, your antivirus or Firewall may be the cause.
- Temporarily turn off all antivirus or Firewall software, or try a device without this software (for example an iPad).
- If the error stays away, your antivirus or Firewall is probably the cause.
- At this moment, we can't determine which specific antivirus or Firewall software is blocking the websocket connections, or how to prevent this from happening. Please ask your IT manager to allow websockets via wss://websockets.rentman.eu:3030
If you still get the error, it may be caused by proxy or VPN connections.
- Please ask your IT manager to allow websockets via