When planning your equipment, you can mark equipment as optional for a project. This is useful for letting a customer choose between different items, kits or cases. Additionally, this allows you to offer extra items to a customer.
The price for optional equipment is not included in the total price of your quotation.
In your quotation template, you can also choose how optional equipment should be displayed. By default, optional equipment will be listed between all other equipment. However, you can also list optional equipment in a seperate section.
In this article, we provide instructions for adding optional equipment and choosing your preferred display method.-
Add optional equipment
- Open your project, and go to the Equipment tab.
- Click on the Columns button and choose Add colums to right list.
- Select the Option column, and click Add.
- You will now see the column Option in your list of planned equipment:
- To mark an item as option, choose Yes in that column.
Display optional equipment separately on quotation
By default, optional equipment is listed between all other equipment on your quotation. However, you can also list optional equipment in a seperate section.
- Go to the Configuration module > Customer communication > Document templates.
- Add (or edit) a template for a quotation.
Read this article for detailed instructions.
- In your quotation template, you need to have two Equipment modules in total.
If there already is an Equipment module in your template, you need to add one extra.
- Select one of the Equipment modules in your template, and click the Edit button .
- For the option Show equipment in option, choose No.
Remember to save your changes.
- Select the second Equipment module, and click the Edit button .
- For the option Show equipment in option, choose Only optional items.
Your quotation will now have a separate section with optional equipment.
We recommend changing the title of this section to Optional. You can do this by editing the module, and filling in your title in the Header text field.