In this article, we provide an overview of all the steps to set your Rentman account up for business.
Personal details and password
- Edit your profile details (like phone number, bank account, address, etc.)
- Change your password to something more personal than the default one.
Add equipment, vehicles, and contacts to start working with Rentman.
- Equipment - Add items manually or import an XLS file, group your equipment, and assign QR or barcodes.
- Contacts - Keep an overview of your contacts and communicate on Rentman with clients, suppliers and other rental companies. You can also group contacts and set up discounts for specific clients.
- Crew members - Mark your crew members' skills, assign a user role to each member and manage their permissions in the software. Invite crew members for functions, keep track of their availability, send the project planning, and register their hours. Your crew members can log in to Rentman with the username and password that you fill in.
- Vehicles - Choose and plan the right vehicles for transporting equipment to a project.
- Project templates - Set up your own templates to create new projects more quickly. Project templates are fixed sets of time schedules, equipment, functions, tasks etc. When you create a new project using a template, these settings will be automatically applied.
- Project types - Set up project types to automatically apply extra settings to your projects, like document templates, default letterheads, or default invoice moments.
Synchronize your calendar
Synchronize your calendar to the 'My Schedule' module to keep track more easily of your personal planning and appointments. You can do this on your Android or Apple device.
Document and email templates
Set up templates to speed up the creation of documents (quotations, invoices, packing slips etc) and emails. Customize the style, letterhead and personal text to make them look professional.
- Selection presets -A preset is a combination of tags and filters. Use presets to change the selection and overview in a module with a single click. Most modules contain default presets, but you can always create your own presets.
- Notification preferences - Every user can receive notifications via browser, email or the mobile app. Click on a notification to go to the relevant module. Set up what you want to receive notifications about, and how to receive them.
Connect your Rentman account to external partners to speed up your workflow.
- Webshop - Show your equipment on a webshop, so your clients can request it online (only webshops that on WordPress with WooCommerce can be connected).
- Quickbooks - Automatically export your invoices to Quickbooks. Then you can take care of the rest of the accounting in your accounting software.
- Digital payment - Let your customers pay their invoices in a few clicks. This feature is available for countries with the Euro currency. All commonly used payment methods are supported, including credit card, bank transfer and PayPal.
- Extra input fields - Add additional information to various modules within Rentman. You can choose different types of input fields, and have them displayed on your documents as filter values.
- Company settings - In the 'Configuration' module of Rentman, you'll find more set-up options for your company. For example, here you can change your time zone, configure taxation, or modify invoice details.
- Time registration - Keep an overview of all the hours your staff has worked. Register the worked hours of your crew members, or let them register these themselves. You can set up how far in the past can hours be registered, and the default length of the break.