Your payment terms determine how many days your customer has to pay an invoice. Based on the creation date of the invoice (and the payment term you choose), Rentman automatically determines the deadline for your customer.
Example: You created the invoice on November 1st. If this invoice has a payment term of 14 days, the deadline for payment is November 15th.
Create your payment terms
- Go to the Configuration module > Financial > Payment terms.
- Click Add, and fill in the name, text, accounting code and number of days.
- Save your changes.
Choose default payment term
You can set the default payment term for all of your contacts. If you select this contact as a client for your project, the chosen payment term will automatically be applied to project invoices.
- Edit a contact in the Contacts module.
- Go to the Payment tab, and choose the Payment term for this contact.
Apply different payment term to invoice
In some situations, you might want to apply a different payment term for your invoice. This will overwrite the default term.
- Generate a new invoice by clicking on Print slip in the Financial tab of your project.
- Open the Widgets sidebar , and scroll all the way down.
- Choose the desired Payment term and generate the document.