By connecting Xero to Rentman, you can let Rentman automatically export your invoices to Xero. This saves effort and is faster than exporting to an Excel-file from within the Invoices module.
What data is exported?
- Invoice information - Invoices contain all financial information that you add in Rentman, and which is necessary for a complete overview and correct functioning in your accounting software. This includes VAT-rates, payment conditions, invoice moments and invoice numbers.
- Ledgers - In Rentman, invoices are split into multiple ledger rows which show the total amounts of each category. Read our article about managing ledgers in Rentman.
Note: Only ledgers are exported to Xero. So in the invoices exported to Xero you will not find every piece of equipment or function you planned.
- The .pdf file of the invoice
- Information of relevant contacts - The information of relevant contacts for your invoice is also exported. This includes, for example, the company name, contact persons and contact number.
Xero matches your Rentman contacts based on the contacts' names. To prevent creating duplicate contacts, remember to match your contact names in Rentman to the contact names in Xero.
Connect to Xero
To connect Rentman and Xero:
- Go to Configuration > Account > Extensions.
- Choose Connect with Xero (a pop-up will appear).
- Follow the on-screen steps to connect your Xero account and select the organization you want to export your invoices to.
Match ledgers and VAT rates
Set up export
For the option Export automatically, choose one of the following:
- Manual, you must click on the Start export button to send your new invoices to Xero. Note: when there aren't any new invoices, this button is not available.
- On the following day(s), Rentman can automatically send new invoices to Xero. You select all days that this should happen on. New invoices are always exported at 02:00 AM, on the days you choose here.
Save your changes when you've matched all fields.
If you can't click Save, the fields were probably not correctly matched. Try this step again.