You can book equipment as defect in the Warehouse module. You can then add a new repair for this equipment item in the Maintenance module. You can choose whether the defective equipment item or serial number should remain in stock while it's being repaired, or not.
Quickly creating a repair slip is useful for your crew. In one overview, they will see which items (and serial numbers) need repairing.
Add a repair
- Go to the Maintenance module, and then to the Repairs tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Equipment field, search for your equipment item.
- If this item has serial numbers, choose the right serial number that needs to be repaired.
- Fill in the other options.
- Save your repair.
In the Rentman app
You can also add equipment repairs in the new Rentman App (Android & iOS).
- Go to the Equipment module.
- Open an item, kit, or case.
- Go to the 'Repairs' section.
- Click on 'Add a repair'.
- Fill in the options.
Create a repair slip
Quickly creating a repair slip is useful for your crew - in one overview, they will see which items (and serial numbers) need repairing.
- Go to the Maintenance module.
- Select all equipment items that you want to include on the repair slip.
- Click the More actions button ... .
- Under Create repair slip, choose one of your repair slip templates. Your slip will now be generated using that template.
If you open the Widget sidebar , you can configure more options such as the letterhead and file name.
- Save your repair slip.
You can always find your repair slip when you select the included equipment items in the Maintenance module, and then scroll down to Files in the Widget sidebar.
Complete a repair
To mark a repair as complete:
- Select one or more repairs you want to mark as complete.
- Click the More actions ... button.
- Select 'Complete'.
The repair will not disappear from the list, but the end date will be now shown in the 'Until' column. If you don't see the 'Until' column you can easily add it back.
If you want to see only the repairs yet to be completed, you can select the default preset called "In workshop" or add the filter "Repair: Has not been repaired yet" and save it as a preset.
- Equipment - Search for the equipment item in your database.
- Reported by - Choose which crew member reported this repair.
- Assignee - Choose which crew member should repair this item.
- External repair - If a third party will repair the item, choose the contact from your Contacts database.
- Quantity - Specify an amount.
- Start / End - Choose the time period (start/end) that should take to repair the item.
- Costs - Specify the costs of this repair.
- Item cannot be used: This item or serial number will not remain in stock, and cannot be planned on projects during the start/end period.
- Item can be used: This item or serial number will remain in stock, and can be planned on projects during the start/end period.
- Remark - Add extra information for the person or company that will be repairing this item. This information can be displayed on your repair slip.