Although Rentman is targeted towards rental companies, it is also possible to create sale projects. The advantage of these projects is that you can make a quotation without adding time periods in the time schedule.
Create the project
- Open the Projects module.
- Click on +Add.
- Choose the template 'Without times (Sale)' - this is a default template that cannot be deleted.
- Click on Select.
Different workflows from here
After your quote gets accepted and the project is confirmed, you can follow different workflows. The choice of the workflow depends on whether you want to book your equipment in the Warehouse module or not.
Without using the Warehouse module
If you don't need to use the warehouse module, you can manually adjust the stock quantity of your sale items.
Using the Warehouse module
If you want to book your equipment in the Warehouse module:
- Go to the Equipment tab of the project.
- Doubleclick on the equipment group to edit it.
- Assign the group a planning period, so it will be shown in the Warehouse module.
- Go to the Warehouse module.
- Book the equipment to 'On location'.
When the equipment went out, you can:
- Click on "Book equipment".
- Leaving all the equipment in location, click on the dropdown menu next to 'Done' on the top right.
- Choose 'Change status and close'.
- Select the status 'Returned', then save.