In Rentman, it's possible to generate invoices, export them to accounting software, or mark them as paid. In this article, we explain how to set up your invoicing.
The invoice moments determine when is a project going to show up in the 'To be invoiced' tab of the Invoices module.
You can invoice a project all in one go, or split the invoice in up to three moments. The different moments are:
- After agreement: the invoice has to be generated when a project gets confirmed.
- Before the first day: the invoice has to be generated before the first day of the planning period of the project.
- Afterward: the invoice has to be generated after the last day of the planning period.
To set up your invoice moments:
- Go to Configuration > Financial > Invoice Moments.
- Click on +Add or double-click on an existing invoice moment to edit it.
- Add a name, the name shown on the invoice, and what percentage of the project is going to be invoiced at which moment.
You can now assign a default invoice moment for each project type.
The payment terms determine how much time does your client have to pay for your invoices.
To set up your payment terms:
- Go to Configuration > Financial > Payment terms.
- Click on +Add or double-click on an existing payment term to edit it.
- Fill in all the information.
Default settings for contacts
You can assign default invoice moments and payment terms to each contact. To do this:
- Add a contact or edit an existing one.
- Go to the Payment tab.
- Set the default invoice moments and payment terms in the "Payment information" tab.
When you add a contact as a client for a project, you will be asked if you want to apply these settings.