Each periodic inspection needs to have a periodic inspection type. This determines how often the inspection needs to take place, and what exactly needs to be checked.
For example: A rigging inspection is normally done every 6 months. During a rigging inspection, all hoists, chains and other accessories need to be visually examined.
Create a new inspection type
- Go to the Configuration module > Settings > Periodic inspections.
- Click Add.
- Choose a name, frequency, and write a description.
- Save your changes.
You can now choose this type of inspection when adding your periodic inspections.
Active or inactive inspection
After you have added your periodic inspections, you can choose per equipment item whether the inspection should be active for that item.
- Edit an item in the Equipment module, and go to the Periodic inspections tab.
- There, you can turn the inspection active or inactive.
Adding more serial numbers to an inspection
If you recently bought more serial numbers of an item that already has inspections planned, you can add the extra serial numbers to this inspection.
Make sure that the purchasing date of your serial nummers is correctly set in Rentman. This date is used for determining the inspection dates of your serial numbers.
- Go to the Inspections tab of the Maintenance module.
- Double-click an inspection to edit it.
- You can add more equipment in the Serial numbers section.