Discount groups are useful to give different discounts on equipment to different customers.
Example: give customer A 10% discount on rigging and 20% discount on audio, whilst customer B only gets 15% discount on audio.
Add a discount group
- Go to the settings Configuration module > Financial > Discount groups.
- Click + Add discount group enter a name, and save your changes.
- You are now ready to assign equipment to a discount group.
Assign equipment to discount group
- Open an equipment item in the category Equipment module.
- In the Data tab, scroll down and select the desired Discount group. Then, click on Save
- You are now ready to configure the discount percentages.
Configure discount percentages
For each of your contacts, you need to fill in the discount percentage for your discount groups.
- Open a contact in the contact_phone Contacts module, and go to the Payment tab.
- Scroll down to Discount groups, and fill in the percentage for all groups.
If you select this contact as client for a project, the discounts will automatically be applied.
Did you update your percentages, and want to apply these changes to a running project? Make sure you follow the steps in the next paragraph.
Apply updated percentages to project
If you've updated the discount percentages for a contact who is also the client of a running project, you might want to apply these changes to that project.
- Go to the Equipment tab of your project.
- Select all equipment items, and click the More actions more_vert button.
- Choose "Update equipment data".
This will update the discount values for all items you've added to a discount group.