In Rentman you can handle sale as well as rental equipment. The items most rental companies sell are consumables (Gaffa tape, fog machine liquid, etc) but you can sell every type of equipment, according to your business.
In this article, we explain how to manage availability and stock level of your sale items.
Adjusting the stock
After creating a sale item, you can manually adjust its stock level.
- Go to the Equipment module and double-click on a sale item to open it.
- Go to the Stock tab. Here you have 3 options
-Correct stock: If during an inventory check you realize that the actual stock level is different than the one in Rentman, correct it here.
- Enter delivery: Here you can register a delivery of the product. If the delivery happened in the past, the stock level will be immediately adjusted. If the delivery will happen in the future, the stock level will change at the given date and time.
- Adjust change: If you realize that there was a mistake in one of the stock changes reported, select the stock change and adjust it here.
When creating a sale item, in the Data tab you can set up a critical stock level. When the stock level of an item gets down to the critical stock, this will be displayed in the Dashboard module. By clicking on the number, Rentman will show you all the items you might need to order again.
Availability timeline for sale items
The availability timeline of sale items has 4 rows:
- Equipment name: The first row shows the amount of an item that is (un)available after planning. If you plan more than you have available, this row turns red.
- Warehouse bookings: This row shows the stock level based on the amount of equipment that was booked out of the warehouse.
- Planned projects: This row shows the expected future stock changes based on the number of planned items. The amounts in this row are replaced by the warehouse bookings (and shown in red) once the items actually go out.
- Stock changes: This row shows the stock changes independent from projects, so the ones that you manually enter in the tab "stock" in the equipment module.
Warehouse workflow for sale items
Unlike rental equipment availability, the stock level of a sale item does not change when the item is planned, but only when it's booked out of (and back in) the warehouse. This happens because the number of sale items that goes out and comes back in the warehouse might differ from the number you plan.