If the date or times of your project change, you can shift or adjust the time periods in your time schedule. You have three ways to shift a project's timeline:
- Using the Shift button
- Moving the times in the timeline
- Changing the times manually
Using the Shift button
To shift project times, select one or multiple time periods and click on button in the blue bar.
There are two options for shifting your project's times:
- Shift by a set amount of time (e.g., all times 2 hours later): You have the option to shift your project forward or backward in time by a set amount of minutes, hours, days, months, or years. By entering a negative quantity, you can shift a project up to an earlier date.
- Shift to a new start date/time (e.g., the project has been postponed from February 17th at 10:00 AM to February 29th at noon): By shifting your project to a new start date/time, all time periods will shift accordingly to the new start date/time. This is similar to selecting a start date for project templates.
After selecting how and by how much you want to shift the times of your project, preview the changes you have made at the bottom of the window. Click Update to apply the changes.
Moving the times in the timeline
Alternatively, you could adjust your times using the timeline:
- To move a time, drag it in the timeline and drop it where you want.
- To shorten or extend a time, hover your cursor over the start or end point of your time in the timeline and drag to adjust the time.
Changing the times manually
You also have the option to change the times manually:
- In the time grid of the Time schedule tab, select a time and change the start or end date.