Archiving equipment is useful to take an item completely out of stock, while keeping all existing projects and statistics intact.
You can also permanently delete an item from a module, but you can't get it back afterwards.
Archiving an equipment item takes it out of your stock. Instead, you can also de-select the option "Display in planner". That way, the item stays in stock, but it can't be planned on a project.
- Go to the category Equipment module.
- Select the items you want to archive.
- Click the More actions more_vert button.
- Choose "Archive".
The items will be moved to the Archive subfolder in the category Equipment module. There, you can:
- Restore the equipment item (move it back into your stock).
- Permanently delete the equipment item.
We do not recommend deleting your equipment items, because this could mess up all projects and relevant documents where the equipment was planned on. Instead, we recommend to de-select the option Display in planner. That way, the item stays in your database, but it can't be planned on a project anymore.
Frequently asked questions
I want to delete one or more items, but I can't find it in the module.
Make sure that there are no active filters in the module. This may prevent you from seeing all items in that module.
- Check at the top of the table whether there are label tags or filter_list filters active.
- Remove your filters, and/or de-select all tags. In modules such as the table_chart Projects module, make sure to choose a long time period.