By reserving equipment, you can give "Project A" priority over "Project B" if they both have a shortage of the same equipment item. The items that you reserve will then be confirmed for "Project A" first. In this case, you don't have to worry about the shortage on "Project A" growing even bigger when this item is planned on even more projects.
The status of a project can impact equipment reservations. If the status of your project is Pending, equipment will not be automatically reserved for the project. You can manually reserve equipment for a project in Pending status.
However, if the project's status is Confirmed, all equipment without shortages will be reserved for that project. You can modify a Confirmed project and change equipment allocation to ensure that a specific project is prioritized.
Reserve equipment for a project
You can manually reserve equipment when a project is in Pending status:
- Go to the Equipment tab of the project.
- Click on "Reserve equipment" on top of the tab.
Change equipment allocation for projects
When you confirm a project, Rentman automatically reserves all the available equipment. You can also modify this reservation through Equipment timeline:
- Open your project, and go to the Equipment tab.
- Select the item that you want to reserve.
- Open the watch_later Timeline.
In this example, our item is planned on two projects at the same time. In this time period, there are only 2 of our item in stock. However, one project needs one, and the other needs two.
- Click the project that you want to reserve the equipment for.
For this example, we will choose the Middle School Dryhire Project.
- Click on Own equipment and lower the amount for other projects.
- In the field "Reserved for project", enter the amount of this item you want to reserve.
- Click Save
Two units of this equipment have now been reserved for the Middle School Dryhire project. The "Warehouse stock" bar will reflect this reduction in available stock.