When you generate a quotation or a contract, Rentman automatically copies the price information from the project's planning. To display this information in your documents, you first have to plan equipment and add crew and transport functions.
There is no difference in how quotations and contracts work in Rentman. You can choose between using one, the other, or both - according to your company preferences.
Create a quotation or contract
- Go to the Financial tab of your project.
- In the section on the top-left, choose between Quotation or Contract.
- Click on Add quotation or Add contract
- (Optional) check the document details, choose the subprojects to be included, and add a personal text.
- (Optional) Change the default document template, letterhead, and advanced settings.
- Click on Generate
If you make further changes to your project or document settings, you need to regenerate your document before they are applied.
Your document is saved to the 'Financial' tab of your project, in the section on the top-left.
Overwrite or New version
When you edit something in your project, to display the changes in the document you must overwrite or generate a new version.
Here's how to choose from the different options:
- Overwrite to update the quotation without changing the version or number. Use this until your quotation is good to go.
- Create a new version if you are sending an updated version of your quotation. The existing document is saved as a file in the project and the version number will increase.
If you don't choose one of these two options, the changes you made will not be displayed in the document.
How to overwrite and create a new version
- Open the document.
- Click on edit Edit on the top right.
- Click on Generate
- Choose between Overwrite and New version
Select the number series of this document.
The number of the document. You can use this for internal reference and for the recipient.
In the Configuration module, you can configure your number series to decide what number each document should start with.
Click 'New number' on the top of the document screen to create an additional quotation or contract for your client. This is useful to provide a client with multiple options to choose from, and all the quotations will be shown in the 'Financial' tab.
The creation date of this document.
Choose whether the content of your kits and cases should be shown or hidden. You can set this up by default in the 'Equipment' module.
Each document that you generate has an expiration period. After this period, the quotation or contract is not valid anymore. By default, Rentman uses an expiration period of 14 days. However, you can change this default setting to any length you wish.
You can always manually change the expiration period of a document. This will override the default setting.
- Go to the settings Configuration module > Financial > Financial.
- Find the option Default expiration period quotation/contract, and fill in your desired number of days.
The due date of a document is shown on the document itself.
In the Configuration module, you can also let your clients sign documents after the expiration date.
In the Projects module, you can filter your projects by Projects with expired quotations.
Download your document
You can download your quotation or contract as a .PDF or Word (.docx) file. Click on the 'Download' icon on the top-right and choose between 'Download as a PDF file' or 'Download as a Word file' when creating a document.
Don't forget to (re)generate your document to apply any unsaved changes, before downloading your file.
Email your quotations or contract
You can email your quotation or contract directly from Rentman. You can also let your clients sign a quotation or contract digitally.
Connect terms and conditions
You can configure your terms and conditions and choose how to send them in the 'Configuration' module.