How to: Navigate to settings Configuration > Financial > Financial
How to: Configure your terms and conditions
How to: Configure taxation (VAT & GST)
To set up invoice moments, go to settings Configuration > Finance > Invoice moments
To set up invoice moments, go to settings Configuration > Finance > Payment terms
When you generate a quotation or a contract, Rentman automatically copies the price information from the project's planning. To display this information in your documents, you must first plan equipment and/or add crew and transport functions.
There is no difference in how quotations and contracts work in Rentman. You can choose between using one, the other, or both - according to your company preferences.
Create a quotation or a contract
- Go to the Financial tab of your project.
- In the section on the top-left, choose between Quotation or Contract.
- Click on Add quotation or Add contract
- (Optional) Check the document details, choose the subprojects to be included, and add a personal text.
- (Optional) Change the default document template and configure advanced settings. The template of your quotations can be modified to display the information you want to appear on your document. Here is how to customize document templates and add letterhead.
- Click on Generate
Your document is saved to the 'Financial' tab of your project, in the section on the top-left. You can also view it in the 'Files' of your project.
Regenerate a quotation or a contract
When you make changes to your project (e.g., changing equipment), you might want to generate another quote to display the changes for your customer. You have three options:
- Add a quotation when you want to offer a new quotation and keep the old one for reference or comparison. This new quotation will have a different number. If you want your customer to digitally sign off on the new changes, a new quotation (number) is required.
- Overwrite to update the quotation without changing the version or number. Use this if you are trying out different document templates or making changes before sending the quote to the customer for the first time.
- Create a new version if you are sending an updated version of your quotation. The old version of the document is saved as a file in the project, and the version number will increase for the updated document.
If you don't choose one of these three options, the changes you made will not be displayed in the document.
To regenerate a quotation or a contract:
- Open the document.
- From the menu on the right, click on Regenerate
- Choose between Overwrite and New version
Each document that you generate has an expiration period. After this period, the quotation or contract is not valid anymore. By default, Rentman uses an expiration period of 14 days. However, you can change this default setting to any length you wish.
You can always manually change the expiration period of a document. This will override the default setting.
- Go to the settings Configuration module > Financial > Financial.
- Find the option Default expiration period quotation/contract, and fill in your desired number of days.
The due date of a document is shown on the document itself.
In the settings Configuration module, you can also let your clients sign documents after the expiration date.
In the table_chartProjects module, you can filter your projects by Projects with expired quotations.
Download your document
You can download your quotation or contract as a .PDF or Word (.docx) file. Click on the 'Download' icon on the top-right and choose between 'Download as a PDF file' or 'Download as a Word file' when creating a document.
Don't forget to (re)generate your document to apply any unsaved changes, before downloading your file.
Email your quotations or contract
You can email your quotation or contract directly from Rentman. You can also let your clients sign a quotation or contract digitally.
Select the number series of this document.
The number of the document. You can use this for internal reference and for the recipient.
In the settings Configuration module, you can configure your number series to decide what number each document should start with.
Click 'New number' on the top of the document screen to create an additional quotation or contract for your client. This is useful to provide a client with multiple options to choose from, and all the quotations will be shown in the 'Financial' tab.
Choose the date on which this document expires.
Template: Choose a document template for this document. The project type of your project determines which template is selected by default. You can, however, always choose a different template than the default one.
Letterhead: A letterhead is the background of a document, and it can contain images, headers, and footings. The project type of your project determines which letterhead is selected by default. But you can choose a different letterhead than the default one.
Open physical and virtual combinations: Choose whether the content of your physical or virtual combination should be shown or hidden. You can read here how to do this when generating a document. You can set this up by default in the 'Equipment' module.