Your company logo, colors, and any other information you want on every document is uploaded in the form of a letterhead. This will be the background of your documents. Before you start, make sure to design your letterhead and save it as a PDF file.
Add a letterhead
- Go to the settings Configuration module > Customer Communication > Letterhead.
- Click + Add letterhead
- Enter a name, and upload cloud_uploadyour PDF file.
- Choose a default page size (A4, Letter) or enter a custom width and height for your page.
We recommend using the same width and height as your PDF file.
- Choose the margins for your document.
With margins, you decide how much space the template keeps open for your letterhead. When your letterhead has a header that uses the top 4cm of the page, make sure to enter a top margin of 4cm.
- Choose the document types that this letterhead should be available for.
- Confirm your letterhead.
Letterhead with multiple pages
Your letterhead can also consist of multiple pages. If this is the case, the first page of your letterhead will be used for the first page of your Rentman documents. The second page of your letterhead will be used for the second page of your document, and so on.
If your Rentman document has more pages than your letterhead, the last page of your letterhead will be used for the rest of the document. If you want your letterhead to only show on the first page, you can simply add a white page to the end of the letterhead PDF.
Choose a letterhead
For each document that you generate, you can choose which letterhead to use.
- Generate a new document.
- Select in the pop-up the right letterhead under "Layout" or click on refreshRegenerate if the document is already shown.
Choose the default letterhead
You can choose the default letterhead for documents for each project type in Rentman.
- Go to the settings Configuration module > Settings > Project types.
- Click + Add project type to add a new Project type or double click to edit an existing one.
- Choose the default letterhead for this project type in the Letterhead field.
When you choose the project type for a new project, the default letterhead will automatically applied to documents that belong to that project.