There are a lot of different crew members who make use of Rentman. There are freelancers, office managers, and warehouse workers, just to name a few. Each of them needs a different set up for the modules. A freelancer is not allowed to create projects, and a warehouse worker isn't supposed to send out invoices. It might happen that you had a module in your Rentman account, but it isn't there anymore. What to do?
A power user doesn't necessarily have access to the settings Configuration module.
Check and edit assigned user role to crew member
Crew members have a user role assigned to them. This user role makes sure the crew member is allowed to perform certain actions, but it also makes sure the crew member can't do things he or she isn't supposed to. Someone with access to the groupCrew member module can see which user role is assigned to a crew member.
- Go to the groupCrew member module.
- Double-click on a crew member to see more information.
- Under Login information you see which user role someone has.
- (Optional) If this user role is not correct, change it to another one if you have sufficient rights and permissions. Changing user roles can result in shown modules in your Rentman account.
Example: You changed John's user role from "Freelancer" to "Account manager". John is now able to see the account_circleCrew planner module and to send out invoices to customers.
Edit user role
If an entire user role isn't seeing modules which they are supposed to see, you can change the user role in the settings Configuration module.
- Go to the settings Configuration module > Account > User roles.
- Select the user role you want to edit and click Edit
- Scroll down to the module you would like to enable (or disable).
- Specify the rights and permissions for this module by checking boxes in this module.