The Warehouse module provides an overview of the equipment that needs to be prepared, is coming back, or should have returned already. Equipment can be booked per project and scanned to carry different statuses so that it's clear where the equipment currently is.
Crew can directly add alternatives, additional equipment, notes, or report lost and defective equipment (based on their user rights).
Overview of the module
This timeline shows which vehicles are leaving and coming back on that day. This makes it clear what projects are going out and are coming back in. You may use this to know what equipment needs to be loaded, unloaded or prepared.
This timeline shows which crew members are planned on the projects of that day.
Equipment status and Project status
Equipment status and project status can be different.
Example: you booked part of the equipment to "On location", but you will finish packing the next day. The status of some of the equipment is now on location, while the project status is still "confirmed".
When you book all equipment to another status, Rentman does propose to change the status of the (sub)project. This is optional.
In the Warehouse module, equipment can have 4 statuses displayed in the following columns:
- To pack - This is the equipment of the confirmed projects on the day.
- Prepped - This is the equipment that has been prepared.
- On location / Expected back - This is the equipment of projects that are taking place. You can navigate between the tabs:
- All projects on location
- Projects expected back that day
- Delayed - This is the equipment of the projects that should have returned, but haven't been (completely) booked back to the warehouse. A project will automatically be assigned this status when some equipment is still on location. You cannot manually assign this status to projects.Tip: You can change the status of a project in the Warehouse module by clicking on "Done". You can also change the status of a project by opening it in the table_chart Projects module, and editing the status in the General tab.
Each tile of a status represents one (sub)project. A tile shows up in the Warehouse module when:
- the (sub)project status is "Confirmed".
- The planning period of the equipment group(s) matches with the date on the Warehouse module.
Note: When you are using subprojects, every tile represents a subproject.
The project tiles show the following information:
- Name -Name of the (sub)project.
- Project number - (sub)project number of this specific project .
- Date - Start or end date of the planning period.
- QR code - Scan that QR code in your Rentman app's warehouse module to start booking the (sub)project.
- Create document - Click on print to create a packing slip, carnet or call sheet.
- Open project - Click on launch to open the project selected in the warehouse.
- Notes - Click on + add note to add project notes.
- - Click on "Done" to advance a project to its next status.
- - Click on "Book" to start booking equipment.
You can also drag-and-drop a tile to a different column to change the status of the project.
Booking and scanning equipment
By booking equipment to a specific status, everyone in the warehouse knows what needs to happen with equipment items (or sets) and where they currently are located. Additionally, particular details about equipment (broken items, alternatives for planned items, notes) can be directly reported. You can do this from the browser version and the mobile app version of Rentman.
It is, however, not mandatory to book equipment in Rentman. The equipment stock is based on the equipment planning, rather than the equipment booking.