When you add an equipment item to a project, it is automatically planned on that project. However, if you have planned more of an item than you have in stock, your project will have a shortage of this item.
- Shortage - You do not have enough equipment available.
- Shortage of own stock available - Not all the planned quantity is reserved, but you have the available equipment in your warehouse. This can happen if some equipment becomes available after a repair or if a project that was reserved for that equipment is canceled. To solve this, manually reserve the equipment or open the project and save it again.
- Invalid Reservations - You had enough reserved equipment available over multiple projects, but something changed in your equipment availability, and now the reservation is invalid. This can happen if some equipment gets lost after an event, and you don't have enough equipment available anymore. Each project that the item is planned on will now have invalid reservations. If you decide to solve the shortages of these invalid reservations via a subrent, a pop-up will show that tells that the reservation on this equipment will be removed if you continue. In this way, you can continue your subrental process without having to make manual adjustments to the existing reservations.
- Shortage because of repairs
Equipment Scheduling Pro- You had enough equipment available for a project, but one of the items was booked for repair, and it's not available anymore.
There are various ways to have an overview of all your shortages:
In the sub-folder Shortages of the swap_horizontal_circle Shortages module, you can quickly see all current equipment shortages of all your projects.
There are two sub-modules: Rental shortages and Sales shortages.
In the Rental shortages sub-module, you can see all of your rental shortages in one place.
Rental shortages are grouped based on the project they're from. When you double-click on a shortage, you'll be directed to the project it belongs to. From the Shortages hub of the Equipment tab of your project, you can easily solve the shortages.
The time and stock location filter at the top of the page allows you to have a better overview of the rental shortages over a specific period of time in a specific stock location.
Tip: You can set up your filters and presets to view the equipment you're most interested in. For example, you might only want to see the shortages for confirmed projects.
In your Sales shortages sub-module, you can find sales equipment that will have a shortage in the near future based on your planning.
Just like the Rental shortages sub-module, you have the time and stock location filter at the top of the page.
From this module, you can see when an item will become short, check the stock at a specific date, see supplier/vendor details, and schedule increases in stock to solve sales shortages.
To see the equipment's suppliers or more details, hover over the equipment and click on
Shortages in projects
To see the shortages of a project:
- Open a project and navigate to the Equipment tab.
- The shortages appear in red.
The equipment timeline helps you get more information about your stock availability.
There are various ways to solve shortages on a project. Check out this link for more information.