Welcome to the Rentman Changelog - the place where you can read about every update in your Rentman workspace. Your current version is listed in the fold-out menu under your username. Rentman updates are deployed gradually under all accounts. This means it could take a few days before your account is updated to the newest version.
Check our Public Roadmap to see our feature planning and features we need your feedback on.
|Equipment Scheduling||Crew Scheduling|
|Legacy (Lite/Classic/Pro)||Equipment Tracking|
|Additional warehouse||Quoting and Invoicing|
For version 350 to 400, please check our other Rentman Changelog.
Our weekly updates
- Added Public API Webhooks: a feature that sends real-time notifications for changes in your Rentman account, eliminating the need for constant polling. Receive updates on added, changed or deleted entities directly to a specified URL.
- Fixed a bug where document text, specifically in quotations or invoices, would disappear when switching tabs in Rentman.
- Stock mutation names now translate correctly during physical combinations, ensuring accurate translations for English accounts.
- Default payment term value (14 days) now correctly displays on all quotation templates, resolving the issue where it was initially missing.
- Resolved the issue where the "Confirm" button was unresponsive when attempting to transfer bulk items between warehouses.
- Setup of email domain failed with an error related to domain name verification. You can now add domains without encountering this issue.
- In the Crew and Transport Tab of the project, transport functions now accurately save distance mileage without rounding up/down after a browser refresh, ensuring that decimals are maintained as expected (e.g., 2.68 miles).
- Fixed a bug where assigned filenames were not saved when regenerating a document or creating a new version, ensuring that the specified name is retained as expected.
- Subprojects excluded from planning are no longer displayed in the search results of the Warehouse module in the app.
- You can now display function rates when posting a function on the Job board, currently accessible exclusively on the web version of Rentman.Crew Scheduling
- Resolved issue where relocating a serialized physical combination failed to transfer assigned equipment, leaving the content in the original location.
- Introducing the option to easily add a check number for Swiss invoice QR references, ensuring compliance with diverse Swiss business and government entities.Quoting and invoicing
- Fixed a bug where the currency sign € was incorrectly positioned in the "Price rate per hour/km" column.
- Resolved screen drop-down issue in Projects' General tab, ensuring smooth navigation when selecting functions.
- Fixed an inventory count summary inaccuracies by ensuring "Equipment details" now display the correct item count, matching overall counts for "Counted" and "Out of the warehouse."
- Users without edit permissions can no longer receive misleading feedback or perform actions when scanning items from one stock location to a container in a different stock location.
- Fixed a problem where merging subprojects caused wrong invoice amounts, making it difficult for users to send final invoices and adjust previous ones.
- Fixed the issue of incorrect text being displayed in the serial number row when merging kits in the same group within document templates.
- Resolved a bug in the Project overview where the "Crew required" filter displayed projects with fully planned functions, now filtering them out as expected.
- It is now possible again to split off a subproject, as the previous issue causing a failed attempt to create a duplicate custom field and resulting in an error message has been resolved.
- Resolved a bug that caused Rentman to become unresponsive or crash when attempting to open a particular item.
- Fixed a bug where the "Empty Container Weight" was not transferring from properties when duplicating a container, ensuring that all properties, including the Empty Weight, are now correctly duplicated.
- To help you get started with Rentman better and easier, we are introducing our latest feature: the Onboarding tool. Now, you can choose your onboarding goals, and a set of tasks will be provided, customized to your selections.
- Resolved issue where editing the last item in scrollable lists within the ‘Projects’ module required multiple double-clicks, now allowing for easier editing.
- The new ‘Job board’ feature streamlines job allocation by letting your team apply for positions, saving you time. It simplifies project planning, allowing crew members to choose jobs based on their availability and skills both on the web and in the app.Crew Standard & ProCrew Scheduling
- You can now access the improved variable selector while choosing columns for export, making it easier to search for and select variables to include in their exports.Equipment Scheduling
- It is possible again to edit column settings in the "Serial numbers" tab of serialized equipment by double-clicking.
- Fixed a bug where rapidly checking/unchecking serial numbers during an inventory count and saving simultaneously could break the count, resulting in negative quantities.
- An error message no longer appears when changing a virtual combination to a physical combination via the "Serial numbers" tab in the ‘Equipment’ module.
- Fixed a bug where automatic export to Exact was failing to export all invoices when dealing with a large number of invoices.
- Resolved issue with exporting columns visible in the overview: now correctly exports the columns when using the 'all columns visible in the overview' option.
- Fixed the standard stock location issue: it no longer appears in the drop-down list of stock locations when editing serial numbers, aligning with the expected behavior.
- Information on project/subproject name now correctly displays for booked serial numbers, as columns "Name (on subproject)" and "Name (project)" no longer appear empty as they did previously.
- With this improvement, Transfer projects no longer impact your revenue calculations or forecasts. When adding new equipment, the price is set to 0, resulting in more accurate financial insights.Equipment Tracking
- Fixed a bug where duplicating subprojects multiple times would double the time periods in the time schedule.
- Now, when you lock the modules sidebar on the left, it no longer overlaps with the Configuration module sidebar.
- There was an issue where, when (re)generating a document in either the Financial or General tab of a project, the 'Insert Image' button did not work as expected. Now, it functions properly, allowing you to add an image as intended.
- Previously, invitations would show in My Schedule module before they were sent. Now, with the new 'Click to Invite' flow, they only appear after using the 'Send invites' button in the Crew Planner.
- You can now enter consecutive times quickly and easily in your project by automatically generating a time slot with the same duration as your selected time.
- While editing Quotation templates, especially within the 'Equipment' section, you can now add selected columns that were previously not added as expected.
- Fixed the issue where adding crew members to appointments wasn't saving them. Now, it works as expected.
- Fixed the bug in the Project overview where field filters couldn't be added.
- The issue where times weren't updating when creating a document from the “Crew planner” module timeline has been resolved.
- Introducing "Click-to-invite," a more efficient way to invite crew members, reducing clicks and providing a quicker overview of their availability, with the added ability to invite crew members for multiple functions simultaneously.Crew Scheduling
- Subproject status not saving correctly on initial change, now resolved to save on the first attempt.
- Serial numbers are now reassignable after project cancellation, resolving the issue where they remained linked to the canceled project.
- Remarks in the 'Crew planner' module are now being displayed as plain text instead of being enclosed in HTML tags.
- Now you can bulk edit extra input fields linked to serial numbers, similar to the way it's done for equipment.
- Sending crew planning no longer causes page crashes due to unnecessary loading of old projects. The issue has been resolved, and now the process works smoothly.
- The currency exchange rate now correctly appears when generating quotes with 'Currency conversion' set to yes.
- Introducing a new search function in the variable selector, making it easier than ever to find the right variable in your document templates.Quoting and invoicing
- Fixed an issue where text added to document templates disappeared when switching tabs.
- Resolved the issue of creating an item with a stock of 1 instead of 0 when initially adding a serialized item, providing improved clarity and flexibility in planning.
- Fixed the issue where power users without "Change schedule" permission were able to plan crew members on projects, aligning the system behavior with the expected result.
- Resolved the problem in the "Projects" module, where changing a project date would reset the time input to 00:00 instead of preserving the previously entered time.