Welcome to the Rentman Changelog - the place where you can read about every update in your Rentman workspace. Your current version is listed in the fold-out menu under your username. Rentman updates are deployed gradually under all accounts. This means it could take a few days before your account is updated to the newest version.
Check our Public Roadmap to see our feature planning and features we need your feedback on.
|Quoting and Invoicing
For version 350 to 400, please check our other Rentman Changelog.
Our weekly updates
- Introducing a handy counter for easy monitoring of your filters and tags, along with an interface update that relocates them to the right side of your screen for enhanced usability and visibility.
- Added the ability to bulk remove several functions at once on the Job board, building on the existing feature that allowed for bulk posting.Crew Scheduling
- Fixed a bug where generating the second half of a full invoice incorrectly calculated the project discount percentage, ensuring discounts now match across all invoice types.
- Fixed an issue to ensure duplicated functions are initialized without carrying over any changes from their sources.
- Modals will now remain open when pressing 'Esc' or clicking outside of them, ensuring no loss of entered data unless changes are unsaved.
- There was a problem where users without viewing rights could still see the 'Maintenance' module and they received an error page when trying to access it. This issue has been fixed.
- Some users without the Equipment Tracking add-on were able to access QR codes for serial numbers. This has also been fixed.
- Resolved an issue the ‘Crew planner’ module, where interactions between elements in the Crew/Transport view and the top view were not functioning correctly, leading to navigation and overview difficulties.
- Fixed a bug where equipment factors were not calculated correctly when added to projects.
- You can now view project numbers within the ‘Warehouse’ module as they are displayed alongside project names in the title for enhanced visibility.
- Improved and fixed broken hotkeys on Windows, such as "Create Task," "Create Note," "Add File," etc., while also adding missing hotkey indicators for better usability.
- Resolved issue where all number series were displayed during document creation instead of showing only the relevant number series, making the selection process more straightforward.
- Rentman Recap is back! Take a quick look at your 2023 achievements, including top rentals, the busiest day in your warehouse, and leading account managers, all in one place in your Rentman account.
- Quickly find confirmed projects, hide canceled ones or do both simultaneously with the new 'Project status' dropdown menu for efficient project searching.
- It is now possible to save one-time functions as default functions.Crew Scheduling
- The interface now adapts email buttons to align with the overall product color scheme.
- Updated columns in the Time schedule tab to easily add times and dates.
- Added the option to bulk edit "display in webshop (main image)" and "display in documents (main image)" settings, addressing the inconvenience of individually changing these options for each item, especially when dealing with a large volume of equipment.Equipment Tracking
- Change the language of your Rentman account directly from your display settings.
Introducing a new filter in the 'Equipment' module for enhanced organization by filtering untagged equipment.Equipment Scheduling
- Credit notes can now be created from inside a project.Quoting and invoicing
- There was an issue when archived virtual combinations remained visible in the 'Structure' column of associated items. This has been fixed.Equipment Scheduling
- Right-click on an item in the 'Equipment' module to quickly find the projects that item is/was planned on and give yourself that bit of extra visibility.Equipment Tracking
- When creating a new serial number item in the 'Equipment' module, the list price is now automatically prefilled to match the parent item.Equipment Tracking
- Enhanced the user experience by alphabetically sorting the drop-down list for selecting time zones within the 'Configuration' module.
- Improved project leader overview in ‘My schedule’ module.
- Stay updated on the latest improvements and bug fixes by conveniently accessing the
- Changelog within Rentman, now located in the ‘Help Center’.
- Importing QR codes is a lot easier! Introducing a new option that lets you choose whether you want to overwrite or add QR codes when importing equipment.Equipment Tracking
- New keyboard shortcuts to create tasks, take notes, and add files.
- New variable in ‘Company details’ - Visiting address.Quoting and invoicing
- Now, when marking multiple invoices as paid, you can see the total amount paid for a clearer overview.Quoting and invoicing
- Receive mobile app notifications for items needing repair when returning equipment, preventing accidental placement of damaged items.Equipment Tracking
- Improved information in the inventory count module, when there are no serial numbers to count.Equipment Tracking
- We’ve removed the pre-filled amount when manually booking a specific amount of items to help you speed up your booking flow.Equipment Tracking
- You can now control who sees sensitive information in extra input fields by managing which users can view these fields.
- Adding new contacts is faster—just type the company name, and Google will autofill all the details, letting you concentrate on your project.
- You can now right-click on a temporary item in a project to save it to your Rentman database.Equipment Scheduling
- Improved “Invite” tooltip in the 'Crew planner' module.Crew Scheduling
- We’ve updated the sample file when importing equipment.Equipment Scheduling
- It is possible to view the status and color of subprojects when searching in the 'Warehouse' module.Equipment Tracking
- Send payment statuses from your preferred accounting software to Rentman with the Public API.
- Fixed subproject iterator issue preventing margins from applying to modules as expected.
- Deleting a serial number no longer creates an unintended container with the same name.
In this week's release, our team has been hard at work behind the scenes, addressing a number of bugs to improve your experience. While these improvements may not be visible on the surface, they contribute to a smoother and more reliable performance.
- There was an issue where adding a 'Section column' module to a document template within a serial number or subproject module caused document breakage. The issue is fixed, allowing modules to be displayed side by side.
- Fixed a bug where stock mutations were not being generated during new item creation, resulting in an inaccurate stock count for serial numbers.
- Resolved a bug where sales items with content (physical combinations) couldn't be edited or deleted. The issue has been fixed.
- Introducing customizable crew and vehicle lists with this update. Now, you have the freedom to create new lists, selecting crew members and vehicles of your choice. Take control for efficient planning and resource allocation, optimizing crew and vehicle assignments for specific projects or tasks.Crew Scheduling
- Improved “Crew planner” module: individual rows for all projects, even single subprojects, plus headers for 'Reservations' and 'Invites'.Crew Scheduling
- Releasing 'Equipment Insights' in the “Serial numbers” module - detailed status updates for serial numbers, including project assignment, warehouse location, repair status and more.Equipment Tracking
- Resolved an issue where duplicating a container with a deleted container slip template triggered an error, preventing item saving.
- Fixed a bug where scanning a 'On location' serial number during an inventory count showed an incorrect 'In warehouse' status.
- Some users with “Crew Essential” licenses couldn't delete crew cost rates. It has been fixed.
- Resolved a bug in the Projects module's Equipment tab: the 'Code (Equipment)' column was empty and not displaying numbers as expected.
- Now you can alphabetically reorder function groups in Document Templates for personalized organization and easy management.Crew Scheduling
- Improved equipment indicator to avoid showing shortages for past reservations, ensuring more accurate availability status.Equipment Tracking
- When working with invoices, negative invoices are now correctly displayed in the sum module inside the subprojects.
- Fixed a problem where scanning a non-usable serial number from repair to a container was allowed. This action is now blocked for better workflow consistency.
- Default email template wasn't automatically applied when generating a document in the 'Projects' module, requiring manual selection. Now it’s fixed.
- You can now select items by clicking on rows in the “History Log” tab of a project.
- Adding a new crew member in the ‘Time registration’ module and choosing 'Save and new' previously made the prior crew members uneditable. Now it works as expected.
- Improved timeline in the ‘Crew planner’ module by displaying function group names, making it easier to identify which group each function belongs to.Crew Scheduling
- It is now possible to quickly post multiple functions on the Job board at once with the new bulk posting feature.Crew Scheduling
- Fixed a bug where splitting off a subproject failed to copy equipment into the new main project.
- Resolved an issue causing incorrect total amounts when creating financial documents with multiple subprojects.
- Activities are now promptly removed from the overview without requiring manual refresh in the time registration dashboard, addressing the issue where deletions didn't trigger automatic updates.
- Improved the user interface by fixing a dark mode issue where certain text elements were hidden beneath a white block.
- Day view in the 'My schedule' module now loads correctly.
- Fixed inventory count issues when having only one active stock location.
- Added Public API Webhooks: a feature that sends real-time notifications for changes in your Rentman account, eliminating the need for constant polling. Receive updates on added, changed or deleted entities directly to a specified URL.
- Fixed a bug where document text, specifically in quotations or invoices, would disappear when switching tabs in Rentman.
- Stock mutation names now translate correctly during physical combinations, ensuring accurate translations for English accounts.
- Default payment term value (14 days) now correctly displays on all quotation templates, resolving the issue where it was initially missing.
- Resolved the issue where the "Confirm" button was unresponsive when attempting to transfer bulk items between warehouses.
- Setup of email domain failed with an error related to domain name verification. You can now add domains without encountering this issue.
- In the Crew and Transport Tab of the project, transport functions now accurately save distance mileage without rounding up/down after a browser refresh, ensuring that decimals are maintained as expected (e.g., 2.68 miles).
- Fixed a bug where assigned filenames were not saved when regenerating a document or creating a new version, ensuring that the specified name is retained as expected.
- Subprojects excluded from planning are no longer displayed in the search results of the Warehouse module in the app.
- You can now display function rates when posting a function on the Job board.Crew Scheduling
- Resolved issue where relocating a serialized physical combination failed to transfer assigned equipment, leaving the content in the original location.
- Introducing the option to easily add a check number for Swiss invoice QR references, ensuring compliance with diverse Swiss business and government entities.Quoting and invoicing
- Fixed a bug where the currency sign € was incorrectly positioned in the "Price rate per hour/km" column.
- Resolved screen drop-down issue in Projects' General tab, ensuring smooth navigation when selecting functions.
- Fixed an inventory count summary inaccuracies by ensuring "Equipment details" now display the correct item count, matching overall counts for "Counted" and "Out of the warehouse."
- Users without edit permissions can no longer receive misleading feedback or perform actions when scanning items from one stock location to a container in a different stock location.
- Fixed a problem where merging subprojects caused wrong invoice amounts, making it difficult for users to send final invoices and adjust previous ones.
- Fixed the issue of incorrect text being displayed in the serial number row when merging kits in the same group within document templates.
- Resolved a bug in the Project overview where the "Crew required" filter displayed projects with fully planned functions, now filtering them out as expected.
- It is now possible again to split off a subproject, as the previous issue causing a failed attempt to create a duplicate custom field and resulting in an error message has been resolved.
- Resolved a bug that caused Rentman to become unresponsive or crash when attempting to open a particular item.
- Fixed a bug where the "Empty Container Weight" was not transferring from properties when duplicating a container, ensuring that all properties, including the Empty Weight, are now correctly duplicated.
- To help you get started with Rentman better and easier, we are introducing our latest feature: the Onboarding tool. Now, you can choose your onboarding goals, and a set of tasks will be provided, customized to your selections.
- Resolved issue where editing the last item in scrollable lists within the ‘Projects’ module required multiple double-clicks, now allowing for easier editing.
- The new ‘Job board’ feature streamlines job allocation by letting your team apply for positions, saving you time. It simplifies project planning, allowing crew members to choose jobs based on their availability and skills both on the web and in the app.Crew Standard & ProCrew Scheduling
- You can now access the improved variable selector while choosing columns for export, making it easier to search for and select variables to include in their exports.Equipment Scheduling
- It is possible again to edit column settings in the "Serial numbers" tab of serialized equipment by double-clicking.
- Fixed a bug where rapidly checking/unchecking serial numbers during an inventory count and saving simultaneously could break the count, resulting in negative quantities.
- An error message no longer appears when changing a virtual combination to a physical combination via the "Serial numbers" tab in the ‘Equipment’ module.
- Fixed a bug where automatic export to Exact was failing to export all invoices when dealing with a large number of invoices.
- Resolved issue with exporting columns visible in the overview: now correctly exports the columns when using the 'all columns visible in the overview' option.
- Fixed the standard stock location issue: it no longer appears in the drop-down list of stock locations when editing serial numbers, aligning with the expected behavior.
- Information on project/subproject name now correctly displays for booked serial numbers, as columns "Name (on subproject)" and "Name (project)" no longer appear empty as they did previously.
- With this improvement, Transfer projects no longer impact your revenue calculations or forecasts. When adding new equipment, the price is set to 0, resulting in more accurate financial insights.Equipment Tracking
- Fixed a bug where duplicating subprojects multiple times would double the time periods in the time schedule.
- Now, when you lock the modules sidebar on the left, it no longer overlaps with the Configuration module sidebar.
- There was an issue where, when (re)generating a document in either the Financial or General tab of a project, the 'Insert Image' button did not work as expected. Now, it functions properly, allowing you to add an image as intended.
- Previously, invitations would show in My Schedule module before they were sent. Now, with the new 'Click to Invite' flow, they only appear after using the 'Send invites' button in the Crew Planner.
- You can now enter consecutive times quickly and easily in your project by automatically generating a time slot with the same duration as your selected time.
- While editing Quotation templates, especially within the 'Equipment' section, you can now add selected columns that were previously not added as expected.
- Fixed the issue where adding crew members to appointments wasn't saving them. Now, it works as expected.
- Fixed the bug in the Project overview where field filters couldn't be added.
- The issue where times weren't updating when creating a document from the “Crew planner” module timeline has been resolved.
- Introducing "Click-to-invite," a more efficient way to invite crew members, reducing clicks and providing a quicker overview of their availability, with the added ability to invite crew members for multiple functions simultaneously.Crew Scheduling
- Subproject status not saving correctly on initial change, now resolved to save on the first attempt.
- Serial numbers are now reassignable after project cancellation, resolving the issue where they remained linked to the canceled project.
- Remarks in the 'Crew planner' module are now being displayed as plain text instead of being enclosed in HTML tags.
- Now you can bulk edit extra input fields linked to serial numbers, similar to the way it's done for equipment.
- Sending crew planning no longer causes page crashes due to unnecessary loading of old projects. The issue has been resolved, and now the process works smoothly.
- The currency exchange rate now correctly appears when generating quotes with 'Currency conversion' set to yes.
- Introducing a new search function in the variable selector, making it easier than ever to find the right variable in your document templates.Quoting and invoicing
- Fixed an issue where text added to document templates disappeared when switching tabs.
- Resolved the issue of creating an item with a stock of 1 instead of 0 when initially adding a serialized item, providing improved clarity and flexibility in planning.
- Fixed the issue where power users without "Change schedule" permission were able to plan crew members on projects, aligning the system behavior with the expected result.
- Resolved the problem in the "Projects" module, where changing a project date would reset the time input to 00:00 instead of preserving the previously entered time.