In this article, we discuss extended equipment data and advanced settings for setting up your inventory.
Read our article about the basic setup to create equipment for more information.
- Folder - Choose the folder where this item should be stored.
If you want to create a new folder, read our article about creating your folder structure.
- Code - If you leave this empty, Rentman will automatically generate an equipment code. This will be shown on packing slips.
- Location in warehouse - These locations can be shown in your database, warehouse and on packing slips.
- Display in planner - Choose if you want to show this item when planning equipment or not.
Note: Equipment with "Display in planner" set to "No" can still be booked out in the Warehouse module as additional equipment.
- Default equipment group - The equipment will be placed in this equipment group automatically when planning a project.
- Country of origin -The country where the equipment was manufactured. This information is used, for example, in carnet exports.
- Rental price
Quoting and Invoicing- the price of your rental equipment excl. VAT.
- Subrental cost
Equipment Scheduling Pro- the price it would cost to subrent this item.
- Discount group
Quoting and Invoicing- Choose the discount group for this item.
- Factor group
Quoting and Invoicing- Choose the factor group for this item.
- Margin price
Quoting and Invoicing- You can internally use this data to see the margin you want to get from a piece of equipment. This data is not used in any calculation in the software.
- VAT class
Quoting and Invoicing- Choose the VAT class for this item.
- Ledger account
Quoting and Invoicing- the default invoice ledger assigned to this item.
- Length / Height/ Width - Dimension of the equipment item in cm.
- Transport volume
Equipment Tracking- this volume can be automatically calculated based on the dimension of your equipment item.
- Packed per
Equipment Tracking- this data is used to correctly calculate the transport volume of items that are packed and transported together. See the example below:
Example: You rent out champagne glasses by the piece. However, these glasses are always packed and transported per 10 in a crate, so the Packed Per value would be 10 in this example. The transport volume listed should be based on these 10 glasses. If you plan 11 champagne glasses on your project, the transport volume of these particular items will be automatically doubled, as you will need to transport 2 crates of 10 champagne glasses. Even though you only plan to rent out 11 glasses
- Surface item - Check this box if the price should be calculated based on the item's surface (width x height). Simply enter the standard measurement as well as the price that goes with it. When planning your surface item on a project, a pop-up window will appear where you can enter the dimensions needed, and Rentman will calculate the price for you.
- Measuring unit - Standard quantity used to express the quantity of the item. Examples: units, pieces, kg, gallons, etc.
Extra input fields
- Extra input fields can be used to add additional information to your equipment.
Tasks / Notes / Files
- Tasks - You can use tasks to remember or assign certain activities, for example, to clean equipment. Tasks can be assigned to specific colleagues or to everyone.
- Notes - You can use notes to save comments or to leave information for a colleague, for example, specific instructions on how to handle an item.
- Files - You can add files to an item, for example, its purchase receipt or the warranty.
It is possible to add images to the equipment items in your database, and they will be saved as files. To learn how to do it, read this article.
- External remarks - These will be shown on quotations, contracts, and invoices.
- Internal remarks - These will be shown on packing slips.
Read our article about setting up QR codes and barcodes for more information.
This tile shows if your equipment is part of a combination or is an accessory to other equipment. If the equipment has any accessories or content, that is also shown here.
Using tags, you can organize your equipment database more accurately. Read our article about organizing with tags for more information.
Other equipment tabs
If you use the rental shop (webshop) plugin, you can choose the following options for your equipment in this tab:
- Choose whether this item/kit/case should be displayed in your rental shop
- Short description
- Long description
Read our article about the Webshop plugin for more information.